JUST DO IT ✔.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Top 5 Highlights in 2013


I can't believe it took me one year to blog again, and worse, with slightly same topic - NEW YEAR!!! hahaha. Well, the important thing is the inner writer in me has finally unleashed once again in its own little way. AGAIN, I'm not that poetic enough to write stuff that matters the most nor to impress someone.. you know the ( "Wow, you blog? that's cool! you're smart!" ) kind of thing. We're all writers, some of us just hide it better than others.

Since, it's that time of the year when almost everyone makes his/her own New Year countdown list. Whether it would be "Top 5 people in my 2013" or  "Top 10 places I've been to this 2013". And a lot more "New Year, New Me" b*llsh*t posts/tweets everywhere. Not to mention the ever consistent "Please be good to me <insert year>" bandwagon. NEW YEAR is everyone's possession, so do whatever you want, just don't screw things up.

So here is my own version for a New Year Countdown: "My Top 5 Highlights in 2013"



5. REGISTERED NURSE
        - Yep! February 2013 when the Professional Regulation Commission released the results of the NLE (Nurse Licensure Exam) December 2012... and praise God! My name was on the list! I AM OFFICIALLY an RN! As our review lecturers would tell us "May comma na ang mga pangalan ninyo!" It was not just a highlight for me but a very special reminder that indeed, when you really work hard for something, everything will just fall into place. The 4 years in college and the almost 5 months of review really paid off. Hashtag Sarap!






4. FIRST JOB
         - Since I am officially a Registered Nurse, what would you expect me to do after? Nope, I wasn't really tempted to look for a job that has a much higher salary compared to Nurses, say for example, call center agents. It was tempting, but I still followed my guts back then. I decided to engaged myself first on a real hospital setting just for me to realized if it was really my calling. I was an "orientee" at one of the hospitals here in CDO for almost 4 months because I decided not to finish the 6 months contract. Insane right? You probably wanna ask me why I did that, and I bet, you alongside with everybody still won't get my point. Let's just say that I was looking for something with spark, a passion, a job that would make you feel excited waking up everyday. I never said I hate it because I don't, in fact, it wasn't boring at all. I wasn't just happy. Probably living the saying "If you can't stand the heat, then leave". So here I am right now, still looking for that something. This has gotta be one of my 2013 highlights you know... new people, new environment, new experience! Bunch of memories I promise I'll be holding onto forever. :)



 
 3. MARIUS ANFERNEE
          - On the 20th of August 2013, my first nephew and hence the very first "apo" in the family was born. My sister gave birth to a baby boy and named him Marius Anfernee. I think we were all excited that time to meet him. He's just too cute for my life. I feel like I don't deserve to be his "tita"! As I write this blog, he's already 4 months old. I can't wait to play with this kiddo' when he grows up, and I am even much more excited to see him grow as a God-centered, smart, funny gentleman someday. Still holding on to my half meant joke that I want him to enter showbiz or if not, PBA! hashtag nephew love!







2. THAILAND
       - So it's not a secret to everyone that I REALLY REALLY want to travel the world even if it means just bringing along a backpack and courage, (got that from Miss World 2013 Megan Young). So this year, I had my very first out of the country escapade, and nope, it wasn't Hongkong but Thailand!!! First time to encounter and be that so much close for a picture taking with a tiger, first time to ride an elephant. Floating market, out of the country shopping, and explore the wonderful world of historical arts. And never will I allow that my Thailand experience would not be a part of my 2013 highlights. IT WAS ONE EPIC MOMENT.

                         *allow me to bombard you with a few pictures from my Thailand adventure*    









1. BLESSED BEYOND BELIEF 
              - I'm really not sure what to put on my no.1 spot, so I guess this is it. The feeling of being so blessed beyond everything. I've never felt so blessed in my life. I know that expressing gratitude every New Year is overrated, but I can't help saying Thank you over and over again. My 2013 wouldn't be that "funniest" if it weren't for the people around me. Family, friends, more friends, new friends and many to mention. And to the big boss up there, my best friend, my father, JESUS CHRIST, THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING. For blessing me with so much even though I don't deserve it! AWESOME GOD! :) <3 hashtag Grateful! 




Be kind. Smile often. Travel when possible. 
Never stop learning. Treasure each moment. 
Radiate love to those around you. Always be thankful.



 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 2014 is gonna be awesome! Claim it! ;)























No comments:

Post a Comment